Playful and lovely to read aloud. Even older budding naturalists will find something to enjoy here. -- School Library Journal A secret underwater world brought to life:
In this book, readers will discover the plants and animals that make up the rich, interconnected ecosystem of a mountain pond. Over the pond, the water is a mirror, reflecting the sky. But under the water is a hidden world of minnows darting, beavers diving, and tadpoles growing. These secrets and many others are waiting to be discovered.over and under the pond.
- An entertaining and educational look at the beauty the ecosystem has to offer. Stunning illustrations paired with an easy-to-follow storyline make this a great read for any early elementary school student
- Includes a glossary of animals that live in, near, and around the mountain pond to enrich the reading experience
- Inspires a love of nature and encourages young minds to explore the world around them A gorgeous companion to the acclaimed Over and Under the Snow and Up in the Garden and Down in the Dirt, Over and Under the Pond is an excellent addition to any emerging readers collection. A contemplative journey through an ecosystem.
- Great read-aloud book for families and classrooms
- Books for kids ages 5-8
- Early elementary school books
- Books for grades 1-2
About the Author
Kate Messner is the award-winning author of more than a dozen other books for young readers, including Over and Under the Snow, Up in the Garden and Down in the DirtOver and Under the Snow, Up in the Garden and Down in the Dirt, and How to Read a Story. When she's not writing, she loves spending time outside. Kate lives in New York with her family.
Christopher Silas Neal is an award-winning illustrator. He is a regular contributor to the New York Times
and shows his art at various galleries nationwide. He currently lives and works in Brooklyn and teaches at Pratt Institute.